Juvenile Forensic Assessment Certificate
For professionals who want to invest in their careers while earning CEs. With 70 hours of foundational training and 80 hours of specialized content, this certificate program spans 150 hours of content across 12 programs.
What You Can Expect
This Certificate program includes a 12 courses, with 70 hours of foundational training and 80 hours of specialized content. In this program, you will learn to assess risk for violence, waiver to criminal court, and competence to stand trial. With an emphasis on buttressing strengths as well as mitigating risks, you will have the tools to assess juveniles as they navigate the legal system.
Our curriculum for Juvenile Forensic Assessment is comprised of 70 hours of foundational training, with 80 hours of specialty training covering the following areas:
Foundational (70 hours)
- Evidence for Forensic Mental Health Professionals
- Ethics in Forensic Psychological Practice
- Cultural Considerations in Forensic Mental Health Assessment
- Minimizing Bias in Forensic Decision Making
- Forensic Case Formulation and Treatment Planning
- Report Writing for Forensic Evaluation
- Effective Expert Testimony for Forensic Evaluation
Specialty: Juvenile Forensic Assessment (80 hours)
We recommend you take the courses in the order they appear above as they build on each other.
Upon completion of the course material, you will be able to answer questions such as:
- Is this youth at risk to be violent, and under what circumstances?
- Does this youth meet the standard for competence to stand trial?
- Does this youth meet criteria for waiver to criminal court?
For each on-demand training program you complete, you will earn a badge which can be shared digitally on platforms like LinkedIn.
NOTE: Programs can be purchased one at a time.
Foundational Programs (70 hours)
Specialty Programs: Juvenile Forensic Assessment (80 hours)
Enhance Your Competitive Edge
Enhance your career by developing a meaningful, in-demand skill set.
For those who wish to enhance their competitive edge, the Certificate in Juvenile Forensic Assessment is a very good option. The training in this certificate program allows professionals the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of specialty skills crucial for many different kinds of employers, such as community mental health agencies, forensic hospitals, correctional facilities, state hospitals, and more.
Increase your chance of getting hired and undergo meaningful professional development with this credential by learning the theoretical, empirical, and practical skills to reliably conduct juvenile forensic assessments.