CONCEPT Professional Training
Upcoming Events at CONCEPT
Forensic Case Formulation and Treatment Planning
Over the course of 8 hours on October 1st and 8th, we will train you to manage and treat your forensic clients using risk assessment data. Specifically, we will cover:
- Theoretical information about the process of case formulation and its general utility
- Current practices, and their empirical basis
- Controversies about the relevance of particular types of data
- Nomothetic and idiographic aspects of formulations
- Using SPJ risk data and a behavioral and cognitive-behavioral framework, used to develop evidence-based treatment plans targeting the most salient treatment targets
HCR-20-V3 Case Study #8
The latest case study for the HCR-20 risk assessment training is here! Given its widespread applicability, this case study is best suited for mental health workers in general, including psychologists, counselors, social workers, and other allied professionals.
- The case focuses on an adult male working in Alberta, Canada, who works in automobile manufacturing for the Canadian Armed Forces.
- He was alleged to have discussed weapons while at work, carried weapons to work, made weapons at work, and to have been physically violent toward his coworkers, and made his coworkers fearful for their physical safety.
- You are tasked to complete a violence risk assessment to assist the workplace in deciding what steps, if any, must be taken to ensure the safety of employees.
Elevate Your Practice with CONCEPT
CE / CPD Sponsor Approvals
Learn more about CONCEPT’s National Continuing Education Credit.
Transforming Mental Health Professionals into Specialists
CONCEPT Continuing & Professional Studies trains mental health professionals towards certification in specialty areas.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the latest trends, with new content shared twice a month.
Scale training and onboarding
Learn about our group training programs, so you can simplify and scale your new staff training and onboarding in areas such as forensic psychology, counseling, and more.