Call for CE Workshop Proposals
Palo Alto University’s Division of Continuing and Professional Studies, CONCEPT, is accepting virtual CE Workshop proposals that represent the lifelong learning needs of psychologists, social workers, and counselors.
Offers 3- to 4-hr Virtual Workshops
on a range of topics relevant to mental health professionals. An emphasis is placed on interactive workshops that engage participants in a variety of learning modes and facilitate the translation of new knowledge and skills into professional practices and services.
The proposal process is a competitive one. You must demonstrate in your proposal that the workshop fits the definition of "Continuing Education" and meets the standards and criteria for approval of sponsors of continuing education for psychologists, social workers, and counselors.
Our CE Workshops are hosted live on our platform, which supports PowerPoint or Google Slides, polling questions, video clips, and chat-based question and answer.
We are seeking proposals that:
- Are relevant to mental health practice, education, and science
- Targeted towards psychologists, social workers, or counselors
- Enable mental health professionals to keep abreast of emerging issues and technologies
- Allow mental health professionals to maintain, develop, and increase competencies to improve services to the public and enhance contributions to the mental health professions
We are committed to gender and ethnic diversity representation among workshop presenters, and all proposals should address these issues in the content and format of the workshop.
Current Programs Offerings
Why Submit a Proposal?
As a workshop presenter, you will:
- Join a select group of professionals
- Share your knowledge with mental health professionals from around the world
- Enhance your professional presentation skills
- Broaden your network
- Receive access to a complimentary on-demand CE program
- Receive an honorarium ($600 for a 3-hr workshop; $800 for a 4-hr workshop)
Selection & Scheduling
Professionals whose CE workshop proposals are accepted will be contacted by email with news of the acceptance as well as three possible dates for the workshop. Please reply to this acceptance email as soon as possible so that we can hold your preferred date. All of our workshops are presented between the hours of 9 am Pacific / Noon Eastern and 1 pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern. We will work with you to determine the date and time that works best for your workshop presentation.
We use a rolling deadline for our call for proposals; applicants are encouraged to submit at any time.
Proposals received on or before January 31st:
Will be reviewed in February, with notifications of acceptance to be sent out prior to March 1st. Workshops selected in February will be scheduled for presentation no earlier than June to allow enough time for promotion.
Proposals received on or before August 31st:
Will be reviewed in October, with notifications of acceptance to be sent out prior to November 1st. Workshops selected in October will be scheduled for presentation no earlier than February to allow enough time for promotion.