Child Custody Evaluation Certificate
For professionals who want to invest in their careers while earning CEs. With 70 hours of foundational training and 80 hours of specialized content, this certificate program spans 150 hours of content across 12 programs.
What You Can Expect
This Certificate program includes 12 programs, with 70 hours of foundational training and 80 hours of specialized content. In this program, you will:
Develop the knowledge and techniques to help ensure children get the best possible outcome during a difficult transition in their lives by assessing their needs and their parents’ ability to deliver on those needs.
- Develop the tools to make a difference in a child’s life.
Our curriculum for Child Custody Evaluation is comprised of 70 hours of foundational training, with 80 hours of specialty training covering the following areas:
Foundational (70 hours)
- Evidence for Forensic Mental Health Professionals
- Ethics in Forensic Psychological Practice
- Cultural Considerations in Forensic Mental Health Assessment
- Minimizing Bias in Forensic Decision Making
- Forensic Case Formulation and Treatment Planning
- Report Writing for Forensic Evaluation
- Effective Expert Testimony for Forensic Evaluation
Specialty: Child Custody Evaluation (80 hours)
- Evaluation for Child Custody
- Interviewing, Report Writing, and Testifying in Child Custody Cases
- Forensic Psychological Assessment in Custody Litigation: Conceptual Issues, Data Integration, and Advanced Topics
- Allegations of Alienation or Child Sexual Abuse in Custody Evaluations
- Risk Management for Custody Evaluators and Court Involved Therapists
We recommend you take the courses in the order they appear above as they build on each other. Since this is a self-paced program, you can go as fast or as slow as you like; however, most students earn the certification within 9-12 months.
Typically, divorcing parents who feel ill equipped to find a resolution on their own, and want the help of a credentialed professional concerning custody and seek out services to assist.
For each on-demand training program you complete, you will earn a badge which can be shared digitally on platforms like LinkedIn.
NOTE: Programs can be purchased one at a time.
Foundational Programs (70 hours)
Specialty Programs: Child Custody Evaluation (80 hours)
Enhance Your Competitive Edge
Enhance your career by developing a meaningful, in-demand skill set.
For those who wish to enhance their competitive edge, the Certificate in Child Custody Evaluation is a very good option, given the high demand for services in these cases.
With our child custody evaluation training, you will develop the knowledge and techniques to help ensure children get the best possible outcome during a difficult transition in their lives by assessing their needs and their parents’ ability to deliver on those needs.