Online Workshops w/ CE Credit
June 15-19, 2020
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our Summer Training Institute 2020 Workshops on Police & Public Safety Psychology held Online. Summer Training Institute was five days of mix-and-match workshops presented by internationally recognized experts in Police & Public Safety Psychology. Build your practice and expand your skillset with expert training in Police & Public Safety Psychology.
These online workshops were eligible for live CE credit and took place in real time, and with interaction between presenters and participants (participants were able to share their cameras and microphones to ask questions or make comments). They will each become available as self-paced, online training programs for CE credit later this summer!
This professional training opportunity is perfect for mental health professionals who are seeking a police and public safety specialty for their practice or who are planning to become board certified in the Police and Public Safety Psychology specialty by the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP).
* Professional training by internationally recognized experts *
* Evidence-based best practices, relevant research outcomes, real-world applications *
* Knowledge, skill set, and expertise to take your practice to the next level *
Our instructors are nationally recognized experts, prolific authors, and engaging presenters. They have extensive research and clinical backgrounds and are engaged in consultation and clinical practice in the police and public safety psychology sector. They are the “expert” experts. Each instructor relies on evidence-based best practices and relevant research outcomes to form the basis for the training and then highlights the clinical applications of the research evidence. Case studies and practical examples illustrate the concepts and their application. Increase your knowledge, skillset, and level of expertise through professional training presented by the field’s top experts.
David Corey, PhD, ABPP
Mark Zelig, PhD, ABPP
Nancy Ryba Panza, PhD
Heather McElroy, PhD, ABPP
Joel Fay, PhD, ABPP
Ellen Kirschman, PhD
Jocelyn Roland, PhD, ABPP
Chris Weaver, PhD
Sgt. Vanessa Payne
Gary Fischler, PhD, ABPP
Kris Mohandie, PhD, ABPP
Jaime Brower, PsyD, ABPP
Nancy Bohl, PhD
Michael Craw, PhD, ABPP
Jay Nagdimon, PhD, ABPP
Jeni McCutcheon, PsyD, ABPP
Stephen D. Hart, PhD
APA, CPA, POST, ASWB, NBCC Board-Approved Workshops
California psychologists, social workers, counselors, and MFTs are all eligible for CEs (CEUs).
Palo Alto University, Continuing and Professional Studies (CONCEPT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CONCEPT maintains responsibility for these programs and their content. We are also approved to offer continuing education units in forensic psychology for social workers, counselors, and marriage and family therapists. Please see the complete listing of CE approvals here.
Summer Training Week
Monday | June 15, 2020
- Evaluations of Police Suitability and Fitness for Duty
- Introduction to Violence Risk/Threat Assessment and Management in Police and Public Safety Psychology
Tuesday | June 16th, 2020
- Foundational & Functional Competencies in Police & Public Safety Psychology
- Cultural Diversity and Cultural Competence in Police & Public Safety Psychology
- Improving Use of the POST Psychological Screening Dimensions in Pre-Employment Psychological Evaluations
Wednesday | June 17th, 2020
- Ethical Dilemmas and Complex Relationships in Police & Public Safety Psychology
- Designing Mental Health Training Curricula for Police Culture
Thursday | June 18th, 2020
- Preparation for Board Certification in Police & Public Safety Psychology
- Threat Assessment and Mass Casualty or Extreme Event Consultation
Friday | June 19th, 2020
- Wellness, Resiliency and Suicide Prevention Practices in Police and Public Safety Psychology
- Critical Incident Response in Police and Public Safety Psychology