We are pleased to offer a selection of recorded workshops by the American Academy of Forensic Psychology (AAFP). These were presented as live workshops and recorded for online distribution. Unlike our typical professional training programs, these recordings do not include any interactive components or supplemental materials and are more akin to old-school CE than premium professional training.
Advanced Issues in Child Custody and Parenting Evaluations is presented by Philip Stahl. This online training program focuses on four common areas for evaluation and assessment in matters of child custody: high conflict families without dynamics of domestic violence, child alienation, domestic violence, and relocation. This course utilizes a combination of didactic teaching about the latest research in these areas, case exploration to discuss options regarding outcomes, and a suggested style of evaluating these cases and providing helpful information to the court. Finally, this course highlights challenging ethical and practice dilemmas and identify common problems seen in child custody work.
The fee for this training program is $300 and participants should expect to commit approximately 6 hours to complete this training program. At the end of the training program, there is a quiz that must be passed with a 70% in order to advance in the course. Once the course is completed participants will complete a course evaluation and then will be able to print their certificate of completion.
This course is relevant for psychologists–beginner, intermediate. For advanced professional training on this topic, please refer to the Child Custody courses offered by Dr. David Martindale.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
– Describe critical differences between high conflict families and those with dynamics of domestic violence
– Describe the impact of high parental conflict on children’s adjustment to divorce, and the critical variables to consider when making parenting and decision-making recommendations
– Describe the risks of child alienation in high conflict families and the forces that contribute to that risk
– Describe research regarding domestic violence when undertaking parenting evaluations with allegations of domestic violence
– Describe research regarding domestic violence when making parenting time and decision-making recommendations in cases involving families with domestic violence dynamics
– Describe differences between standard custody evaluations and those involving questions of parental relocation
– Describe how international relocation cases can be affected by the Grave Risk of Harm exception with the Hague Convention on Abducted Children.
About Dr. Philip Stahl
Philip Stahl, Ph.D., ABPP, is a board certified forensic psychologist in private practice in Maricopa County, Arizona whose work focuses on child custody matters. Dr. Stahl is licensed in Arizona, California, Hawaii and Michigan, and has held temporary licensure in many other states. A frequent speaker, he has conducted workshops and trainings for judges, attorneys, child custody evaluators, and others working with high-conflict families of divorce. He is on the faculty of the National Judicial College and the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges.
Continuing Education Credit
This Distance Learning Course is a Home Study Training Program. To earn CE’s, you will have to complete the course quizzes and evaluation for this Home Study Distance Learning Course. No partial credit is available. For this course, you will need to pass the course quizzes with 70% correct and complete a course evaluation form to earn the certificate. You can take the test as many times as necessary to pass. Participants will earn 6 CE hours for completion once they have completed these requirements. Each participant will be able to print their CE certificate immediately after completing and passing the post-test and evaluation.
Board Approvals: APA, CPA. Click here for state and other regional board approvals.
Your satisfaction with your Programs, Products or Services is important to us. However, because upon registration and payment for our Programs, Products, and Services, they are promptly made available to you, we do not issue refunds. Should you find that a particular Program, Product or Service is not the right fit for you, we will gladly assist you and provide access to another of our currently offered Programs, Products or Services of an equal price that might better suit you, provided that you contact us through our Website contact form or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you seek a substitute Program, Product or Service.